Monday, April 30, 2018

"Z" brings us to the end.

As I sit here preparing to write my final blog for the A to Z challenge this month, I am amazed at the words God has given me to share with the world.  I am overcome at the privilege to be able to plant the seed God has given me and allow God to do the watering.  This challenge has been just that, a challenge.  It's been a challenge to remember to do it daily.  A challenge to take a moment to just sit and be still until I am filled with the words to share.  A challenge that I have had to force myself to sit and do.  But looking back, I am so blessed by being a part of it.

So, here we are at the letter "Z".  A few Z words come to mind for God but more importantly, I feel like Z marks the end.  The end of the alphabet for this challenge, the final piece.  It makes me think of the end of our lives here on earth.  Just as God has given me the words for each of my entries this month, He also gives us His final words over our lives.  He is the beginning and the end.  The Alpha and the Omega.

What have you done with your life?  What needs to change so that when your day of judgment comes, you will hear God say,  ‘Well done, good and faithful servant! You have been faithful with a few things; I will put you in charge of many things. Come and share your master’s happiness!’ (Matthew 25:21).

What will God say to you at your final judgment?  Have you accepted Christ as your Savior?
All big questions. 

As I've shared in previous blogs, I've struggled with my faith over the course of my life.  I've had valley moments where God had to hold my hand through the entire journey and I've had mountaintop experiences where praising God just didn't seem thanks enough.  But our journeys are our testimony's of our lives. 

We are blessed to be able to call on our God in all times and in all ways, regardless of the journey.  God is not distant, he is right here with us.  For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.~ John 3:16

Our God is a God who understands our fears, our challenges, our hopes, our dreams, our worries.  He is also a God of forgiveness and grace and compassion.  He is a God who sacrificed His only Son for you.  God has a plan of salvation for each of us.  It's not complicated, it's simple, accept His Son, Jesus Christ.  Accept Him into your heart, trust Him, obey Him, follow Him and then you can rest assured, you will spend your eternity with Him.  "Your choice to either receive or reject the Lord Jesus Christ will determine where you spend eternity." - Anne Graham Lotz

Hold fast to the promises of God.  Life in this world is hard, it will be hard.  God has told us that, but Christ came to overcome the world for US.  Now is the time, don't waste another moment on a life full of unknowns....jump in the water my friend.  Hold tight to Jesus. 

And this is the testimony:  God has given us eternal life, and this life is in His Son.  The one who has the Son has life.  The one who doesn't have the Son of God does not have life.  1 John 5:11-12

Don't waste another moment living without God at the center of your world.  Don't miss out on the opportunity to see God in your life.  I've written a blog each day for this challenge and I have shared how God has worked in my life.  I'm not perfect, but I'm a child of God.  God doesn't expect perfection, he expects obedience.

My mother in law passed away several years ago and I love what my father in law wrote on her headstone,  Child of the King.  Oh how she is.  How each of us is. We belong to the King.  We are His.  He knows each of us personally and loves us beyond measure.  No one else can love us as much as God.  No one else can forgive us with as much grace as God.  No one can provide us with salvation and eternal life.  "If you are a believer, your judgment will not determine your eternal destiny.  Christ's finished work on Calvary was applied to you the moment you accepted Christ as Savior."- Beth Moore.

I have written these things to you who believe in the name of the Son of God so that you may know that you have eternal life. ~ 1 John 5:3

I hope that I, even though this challenge is ending, I hope that I don't stop making time for this blog.  I hope I allow for God to continue to speak through me so that I too may read my words and know that God is with me.  As I prepare to publish this last letter, be reminded to continue to run the race.

Don't give up on God.  Keep your eyes turned upon Jesus.  Trust in Him who provides all things for His children.  You, my child, are a Child of the King...walk proudly alongside a God who cherishes and loves you so that at the day of your judgment you will hear God say, well done, good and faithful servant, well done.


Father, I thank you for the opportunity to be a part of this challenge.  I thank you for the gift of my eternal salvation.  There is no payment I could make for the amount of sin in my life, but You made the payment for me through Your Son.  You are so good to Your children.  I will praise You through the storms.  I will praise You through the joy.  Thank you Lord. 

No comments:

Post a Comment