Wednesday, April 18, 2018

"P"rayer is "P"owerful

I know, I know, you see my title and it says prayer and you're thinking, oye vay...another plug for prayer but let's get real for a second.  Prayer is Powerful!  Let's look at what prayer truly is for a second.

Prayer- noun: a solemn request for help or expression of thanks addressed to God or an object of worship.

How many of you have lifted up prayers to God?  How many of you have ever spent time in prayer with God?  How many of you even make time for prayer during your day?  Valid questions, right?

I'll come clean and call myself to the carpet.  I do not always make time for prayer in my day.  More often than not, God gets my quick, reflex response driven prayers. Arrow prayers I like to call them. I don't dedicate time to just sit and spend time in prayer with God.  I know I should.  I know it's what God desires for us but life gets in the way and my schedule becomes more important than God's.  Anyone nodding along in agreement?


Prayer is a powerful tool that we can use to communicate with God.  Prayer allows us a moment for God to take control of our thoughts and provide peace, comfort and hope over a certain situation.  Prayer gives us strength to face the unknown.  Prayer gives us an opportunity to praise for the answer.  God desires time with us in prayer.  The intense prayer of the righteous is very powerful.~ James 5:16

Even Christ withdrew often from the world to spend time in prayer with his Father.  Imagine the outlook life would have if prayer was an intentional part of your day.  How would that look?  Prayer changes things.  Prayer takes the worry and fear out of circumstances and replaces it with peace and joy.

I'm a worrier by nature.  I own it.  Hi, I'm Jennifer and I'm a worrier.  I worry about the future.  I worry about Chris' job, his health, our marriage.  I worry about Matthew.  I worry about my family.  I worry about my friends.  But God tells us in Philippians 4:6, Don't worry about anything, but in everything through prayer and petition with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God.

We are told not to worry about anything.  All I have to do is lay it at God's feet.  Boom, done.  God is capable of answering all prayers.  He hears them all.  He answers.  Sometimes the silence is the answer.  Sometimes no outcome is the answer. Sometimes you see a miracle and that's the answer.  Regardless, God hears our prayers and responds in His way and His time.  Stormie Omartian has a quote, "God says we don't need to be anxious about anything; we just need to pray about everything".  Pray without ceasing.  Pray when it's good.  Pray when it's not so good.  Pray.  Rejoice in hope; be patient in affliction; be persistent in prayer.~ Romans 12:12

When is the last time you were on your knees in prayer?  Today?  Yesterday?  Can't remember?  Get on your knees!  Take time to send your requests to God.  Let Him take the situation and do what only God can do.

In my weekly Bible Study, we have the opportunity to pray for each other.  I have a circle of 7 women that I pray with every week on our knees.  It is the sweetest time.  And it's awe inspiring to see just how God answers prayer.  It's even more jaw dropping to see prayers answered when people are praying to God from all different areas of the country about the same circumstance.  Our God is big and powerful and almighty.  How can you not go to your knees in praise and prayer knowing that God works all things for the good of His children.  How blessed we are to be able to spend time with our Father and know He hears it all and loves us through it all.  Prayer is Powerful!  Don't waste another minute being too busy...

No comments:

Post a Comment