Monday, April 1, 2019

"A"nd we're off....

Today is the day...day 1 of the A to Z Challenge this year.  As I sit here staring at my computer screen I'm a bit unsure of where to start.  26 days.  26 letters.  26 posts.  It seems overwhelming but I know that I can (and will) do it!  So without further ado....hold on tight...buckle your seat belt...andddddd, we're off....

Once again this year, I feel led to just let go and let God work through me as I walk through this challenge.  It amazes me to look back over each entry to see how God's timing truly is in every little detail.  So, it is only fitting that if I'm going to incorporate my love for my Father into this challenge, then I need to acknowledge how God is the ultimate authority over all things.

In Revelation 22:13 is states, "I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End".  

When you think of authority, what comes to your mind?  People in charge?  Police? Parents? Bosses?

The definition of authority is:the power or right to give orders, make decisions, and enforce obedience.
 

So think for a second about God and his authority.  Look at that definition.  Do you see God in that?  God has the power.  God gives us orders through His Word.  God makes decisions that are best for us.  And God requires obedience from His children.  Now I realize that some of you that are reading this may not be believers of God and I would have to ask you, why not?

God is the creator of the universe.  God knows all things.  God is IN all things.  Not a moment of life goes by without God being IN the details. God's words give us the instructions for life.  How foolish we are to not heed to His teachings.  God's words should be just as important as oxygen to our lives, a matter of life and death.

And giving God total and ultimate authority over your life allows you the privilege to be able to pray to God.  It allows you the opportunity to sit at His feet and let Him handle the chaos of your life.  It provides you with the freedom to break away from sin and live a life of salvation, righteousness and grace.  Oh friends...listen to my words.  Giving God ultimate authority over your life doesn't mean you give up life but rather you give up your old life and walk a new life with God.


Living in step with God allows us, as disciples of Christ, to have complete and total access to the only living God.  Jesus provided us the way to God when he sacrificed himself for our sins.  God tells us in John 14:3, "I am the way and the truth and the life.  No one comes to the Father except through me".

These days people believe evangelistic materials and leaders.  People follow their moods and our cultures way of thinking instead of seeing God as the Master over their lives.  And believe me, there are days where I don't always stay on the right path but that, my friends, is the beauty of the love you can only get from God.  Forgiveness and grace.  God's ultimate authority isn't because he's a controlling God but rather because he is a loving God.

So take an inventory of your life.  Who or what has authority over it? Money?  Your job?  Your kids?  Your marriage?  Friends?  What is keeping you from giving God all authority over all aspects of your life?

Marie T. Freeman once said, "When you invite the love of God into your heart, everything in the world looks different, including you."   The word authority holds such astigmatism over people and their thoughts but imagine if you allowed God that authority.  Oh what sweetness can come from that.

So as we step out into this challenge this month, let me start by asking you to give God ultimate authority over your life.  Let me remind you that God loves you and will meet you where you are.

The Lord is gracious and compassionate, slow to anger and great in faithful love.  The Lord is good to everyone; His compassion {rests} on all He has made. Psalm 145:8-9

My friends, don't lose another moment to allowing something or someone else to run your life.  Let Go and Let God have ultimate authority over all areas of your world.  You will be amazed at the results.  God wants only good for His children.

Lord, I give you these next 26 days.  I ask that you would guide my words as I share my blog so that it would be words that You want shared.  Father, I thank you for your boundless love and infinite grace that you give your children.  Thank you for working all things for our good.  Thank you for being the ultimate authority over our lives.  Amen



No comments:

Post a Comment