Wednesday, April 3, 2019

"B"oldness and "C"ourage

I don't know about you but sometimes I would rather just be a wall flower.  Far too often I walk a life of keeping my head down, diverting my eyes so that I don't have to acknowledge or get involved in a situation.  I am especially this way about sharing my faith with strangers.  But that is not what God has commanded us to do.  Doris Greig is quoted saying, " Those who are not yet in the family of Christ need us to be his hands, his feet, his eyes, his ears, and his voice to help them find God's love".

God has commissioned us to spread the good news of the Bible. However, I consider my life worth nothing to me; my only aim is to finish the race and complete the task the Lord Jesus has given me—the task of testifying to the good news of God’s grace. Acts 20:24


God has tasked us to serve him and bring others to him.  And the best part is we only have to plant the seed, God tends to the garden and does all the watering.  So if God does most the work, why is it so hard to step out and be bold for God?  Why is there fear in sharing the good news of the gospel?
We don't have to have a special skill set to share the love of Christ.  We don't have to be extroverted, a public speaker, a minister or fluent in the Bible.  We just have to be obedient and receptive to HOW God can use us to bring more children to Him.


I like how Catherine Marshall puts it, "Our commission is quite specific.  We are told to be His witness to all nations.  For us, as His disciples, to refuse any part of this commission frustrates the love of Jesus Christ, the Son of God".  

She's right, God is very specific on what we are to do.  We are to be a light to others.  We are to be a witness to Christ in our lives.  Are we perfect?  Nope.  Not even close.  We are gonna fail at this task.  But God is so good that He will use what we put out into the world for His good. 

 Romans 8:14 tells us, the true children of God are those who let God's Spirit lead them.  How amazing is that?  God doesn't even make us try to figure out how to step out in boldness, but rather, He gives us the Holy Spirit to intercede on our behalf.  If we would just be still for a moment and allow the Holy Spirit to step in, God can take over and amazing things can happen.  And need I remind us that God's words do not go out to an empty world?  It all gets used by God.  So it's not for us to figure out the how's, the why's or the when's but instead to step out boldly in faith knowing that God is using us to further His kingdom.  



So, how do we become bold?  How do we share the good news without it feeling like a burden?  Well, first, we have to pray.  We have to pray to God to give us the words we are to share and with whom.  God doesn't expect us to walk around baptizing everyone but He does expect us to share his
love.  We are to be His hands and feet.  Maybe boldness isn't even talking with words but rather with your actions and service.  Maybe the best way to show the love of Christ in you is in how you handle a situation.  


So as I sit here and look over what I've typed, I'm reminded that I need to trust as well.  I am reminding myself that I don't have to have all the answers.  I don't have to have all the scriptures from the Bible memorized.  I don't have to have a master's degree in Jesus.  I just have to have a servant and obedient heart and let my light shine, shine, shine!

God gives us the strength and the courage to meet any challenge or circumstance.  We are never without God in the middle of it all.  

Be strong and courageous, and do the work.  Don't be afraid or discouraged, for the Lord God, my God, is with you.  He won't leave you or forsake you. 1 Chronicles 28:20

Step our boldly and share the love of Christ.  Step out boldly in your actions and allow people to see the light of Christ in you.  
Our personal stories and our moments in life are important and God wants us to share them.  We must be courageous and unashamed to share our hurts in hopes that it will bring that someone who needs Jesus to His feet.  If you are a believer, the time to step out boldly is now.

"There are many timid souls whom we jostle morning and evening as we pass them by; but if only the kind word were spoken they might become fully persuaded."- Fanny Cosby
Be that kind word.  Be that bold soul.  Be the light of Christ.  Take a deep breath.  God is right there with you and the Holy Spirit is within you.  Be bold.  Be courageous.  








No comments:

Post a Comment