Monday, November 6, 2017

I started blogging seven years ago when we moved from Virginia to Indiana so that my family had a life line as to what the Evoy's were up to.  Since then, my blogging has evolved into more than just an update into our life but rather a glimpse into our walk in faith or more specifically, my walk in faith.  As our lives have changed, so has our walk.  Blogging to me is like journaling.  I love being able to look back and see God's hand in my life, in my family, and as part of our journey.

 Living in God's will isn't easy.  Trust me, I've questioned it, argued with God over it, stomped my foot and said NO, and yet, God waits and His Will ultimately wins.  Isn't it amazing how  God allows us to have those emotions of frustration and concern, even allowing us to think we have the option to say No.  Ha!  God is in control.  God is patient and loving beyond anything we could imagine.  He lets us have our little tantrums but in the end, He knows His children.  He knows our hearts.  He knows we will inevitably submit to Him who knows what is best for us.

God has a plan for your life.  Jeremiah 29:11 says, "For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."

How on earth could we ever question a God who has plans to prosper us?  If you truly desire to live in God's Will for your life, you will spend time in His Word looking and being watchful for His signs.  It's interesting to me how often times, God will lead us through a wilderness experience before He shows us His plan and walks us up the mountain for that mountain top experience.  And I am here to say, I've walked many walks through that wilderness, but never alone.  God may send us through the wilderness but He never sends us on our own.  He is always with us, aware of what is coming next on the path. Each of us has our own plan for our life that God alone prepared. Each of us has our own.  No plan is identical.  Marinate on that for a minute.  God's plan for your life is yours and yours alone.  How remarkable is our God?!?!

We have made many moves across the country.  From Virginia to Indiana, then Indiana to Georgia and Georgia to Minnesota, to finally landing in Tennessee.  With each move, the more light shone onto what God was doing in my life.  Where I thought there was nothing I could bring to our new homes, I was wrong.  I brought my joy and my love for Christ and I let that light shine.  I had no idea my light was needed, but God did and God used it regardless of where he placed us.  God used it in the churches we attended.  God used it in my leadership with BSF.  God used it as we served Him.  Sometimes the simplest things to us are the big things for God to use.

People may make plans in their minds, but the Lord decides what they will do.- Proverbs 16:9

If we are to be dutiful disciples, we are to follow Him, trusting Him completely.  Until God's perfect plan is made known, we must walk in faith, never losing hope.  His ways are not our ways and His timing is not our timing. 

So as the tides of change are ebbing and flowing in our household, I'm forced to rely on God and His perfect plan for my life.  I know that He has already gone before us and paved a path.  I need to resist the temptation to do things "my way" and rather submit to my Father and allow Him to lead.  "With God, it's never "Plan B' or "second best".  It's always "Plan A." And, if we let Him, He'll make something beautiful of our lives.". Gloria Gaither.  I need to keep my eyes turned upon Jesus, not giving into the doubt, frustrations, fears or anxiety that Satan churns up within me.  Satan is a terrorist and we do not negotiate with terrorist. 

God has a wonderful and abundant plan for our lives.  The time to start trusting God and looking for that plan is now.  Don't waste another moment just living life your way- start living His way, today!  Start praying that God would reveal His plan to you.  Start praising God for the plan He has created just for you.  Stop fretting on your next step, but rather start trusting that your  next mountain top experience is right around the corner.  Get out of your boat and step out on the water, just like Peter, trusting God to keep you afloat.

 As I step out of the boat with Jesus and look out over what the next several months hold for me, I have to just breathe, smile, and trust.  I have to trust that God has all the details of our new home we are building in control.  I have to trust that as Matthew turns 18 and graduates from High School, God has His hand over that child.  I have to believe and remain faithful that God has great plans for Matthew as he steps out into his plan and purpose in life.  For He knows the plans He has for my family.  Plans to prosper us, to give us hope and a future.  Oh how sweet to be loved by a loving Father in heaven who has all the details within His capable hands!

Will you pray with me?

Heavenly Father,  You have a plan for me that I could never fully understand but You completely understand.  I praise You, Lord, for the way you work all things for the good of Your children.  Today I will trust You with the details knowing that You have my life in Your perfect plan with Your perfect timing.  Thank you Lord.  Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment